Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


All is looking quite well on the Merle-Doyle front. Really great holidays both in Rochester and Ithaca. Best part was a very postive report from Evening's cardiologist. Her EKG and saturations looked very well and he was pleased with how she is growing - so much so that we did not have to have an echocardiogram done. Needless to say we were feeling pretty good about that.

The little lady is at a very precious phase - now at 4 months old. I've really enjoyed her behaviors up to this point, but this is my favorite. She's close to turning over, she's talking a great deal and her smiles are the sweetest I've ever seen on a baby.

We introduced Evening to a series of our family traditions over the last few weeks (this picture is from Ithaca's Steamboat Landing on the Cayuga Inlet the site of the Ithaca Farmers Market - we were there for the annual Rutabega curl on Dec. 23)- the latest of which was the New Year's Day College football marathon. I made sure she understood the importance of ringing in the new year with a serving and a half of college football. Rest assured she slept or was otherwise entertained and not watching 10 hours of TV football. Go Boise State!

Happy New Year from all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll check back later for the pictures! It is my Monday (this week, Tuesday) morning ritual to check the blog for the latest news on Evening! I love "hearing" how she, Ruthie, and you are doing! I was just thinking "What, no pictures!" when I saw your closing remarks! :) A Happy and HEALTHY New Year to you all! Love, Kim