Saturday, October 14, 2006

Oregon Loves Evening!

This touching photo just in from a great mix of friends from the University of Oregon. The picture is shot outside of one of our old haunts, McMenamin's East 19th Street just south of the University. The picture features some of the best people I've ever met (and some of the younger members who I've yet to). I could tell you great tales of each of these folks- right to left - but will save them. I will note that the individual in the middle holding the Oregon "O" is United States Representative from the 4th District in Oregon, Peter DeFazio (http://defazio.house.gov/). He is stands as a great example of what a politician should be - not afraid to ask hard questions and always standing up for Oregon's great communities - plus he's yet another one of my heroes united for Evening. Thanks so much Eugene for your support - I love it - Go Ducks.

Evening continues well. She has had more IVs out of her and is waking up more. She has gotten more "vocal" and emotional (looks like she's developing tears in tandem with her recovery). She has yet to breastfeed due to much of the medication she's on - though I anticipate it soon. There has been some discussion of sending her from the PICU to the step down unit where they help us get prepared to take her home - though that likely won't happen until early next week.

Slow and steady wins the race. We've been reading Evening a collection of books that she enjoys. Favorites currently feature The Lorax and The Little Engine that Could. If you remember from this old gem - the "blue" female heroine saves the day - "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" - Evening really loves that part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott and Ruth,
I absolutely love the picture of Evening and Scott on 10/25/06. She is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. We are all thinking of you as you make your way to Strong today. Take care and hope to see you all soon.

Donna