Saturday, November 11, 2006

Evening the Explorer

First off, apologizes to the folks that check the blog daily (I've heard from a passionate number of folks that check it first thing of the day). The getting back to work schedule has put a serious damper on my ability to update the blog. I'm finding myself in need of getting back into work shape. At about 2PM each day this week I start an embellished groan of how tired I am - and that I didn't get a chance to take my afternoon nap with my daughter. It doesn't seem to go over really well.

Ruth and her mother Rose did an excellant job teaching Evening a series of songs and dance moves this week. She gets a good shimmy going (Ruth that is). Evening headed to her two-month doctor's appointment (the standard one for infants). Gained another 8 oz. in about a week - now is 10lbs. 8oz. She also had her mandatory 35 some odd shots for everything from tetnus to beri beri - hold on maybe that's the one she needs to eat fruit for.

I was pleasantly suprised on my walk home from work last night as Ruth and Evening came and met me along the route. Evening is quite the outdoorswoman - it seems as if she's really comfortable outside. We are laying relatively low this weekend - huge sports weekend. Last night Evening's boys - Cornell Hockey Team - beat their archrivals Harvard in dramatic fashion; the old Ithaca College Bombers Football lost to Cortland State in OT; latenight tonight the Ducks play USC in a huge PAC-10 matchup (if Evening has trouble sleeping tonight - guess who's "volunteering" to stay up with her to help her fall asleep by covering the basics of a spread offense); tomorrow as per tradition Evening will sit with her father and obnoxiously route for her father's lowly fantasy football team - Team LowTech. I'd say its a pretty sweet weekend.

Thanks again for all - we have loved hearing what Evening means to people - people all over the world - friends of friends of friends - united in the care for her well being. I owe you all for your kind thoughts - thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evening and I may have to have a chat about her loyalities among the ivy leaguers. She can watch cornell with her dad for now, but if i have any say about it, she'll be heading to Yale for a college visit as soon as she can say the word "bulldogs".