Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ode to a Mother

Heading into Thanksgiving week - and have a whole heap of things to be thankful for. These two are at the top of that list. Evening feels signficantly over 11 lbs., is stringing several hours of sleep together at night (7 straight the other night), is smiling more than ever, slept through church this morning (kind of like her old man), and gave some rousing support to the Buckeyes in their win at a Michigan party last night. She still is quite feisty - but I'm glad she is.

And Ruthie...man alive has she been so fantastic. I didn't think I could love / admire her more than I did in her pregnancy, but I do. She is so mindful, attentive and sweet with Evening. I am so impressed by the relationship they have at just 10 weeks. I am excited to watch Eve grow, but also see Ruthie growing as well. What a mother! I am one thankful fool that is for sure.

Heading up to Rochester for some Thanksgiving revelry: annual T-Day bocce game, a little frisbee and good company of friends and family. My best to you and yours with your holiday traditions.

No comments: