Sunday, April 22, 2007

Big Week


The start to last week brought a foot of snow to Ithaca and has now transitioned to 70 degree temps. Evening much preferred the tail end of the week - she loves being outside with as little clothing as possible. Can't wait to see what the summer brings on the trail, in the garden and in the pool for the little wild woman.
We are now in Rochester visiting with family and preparing for a follow up appointment tomorrow morning with Eve's cardiologist at Strong. She appears to be doing really well - though I always am very anxious heading back into the hospital for these type of checkups. This will sadly be her last visit with her cardiologist Dr. Connuck as he's moving out of the area. Send your good thoughts our way for the sweet girl's appointment.

The approaching week also marks my last week at Cornell. I leave campus and the many great students, faculty and staff I've had the good fortune to work with to work more directly in community/environmental planning. I've been provided the opportunity to serve as a Senior Planner with the Tompkins County Planning Department - a role I am quite excited about - though I struggle with the realities of leaving campus. I'll begin that new role early next month and will be based in Downtown Ithaca just a few blocks off The Commons.
Enjoy the spring - we'll do our best to keep you updated with Evening's progress and discoveries.

No comments: