Sunday, April 29, 2007

Unbelievable Evie!




Monday found us at the Cardiologists for Evening's follow up. We arrived feeling nervy - though left with a bit of a kick in our step.

Evening excelled - pretty much everywhere. Her oxygen saturation levels were 100%, her EKG looked good, and according to the cardiologist - she looked and sounded fantastic - he has her with no restrictions. He did indicate that when she's older we want to steer her away from smoking and intense isometric activities like power lifting. I've already practiced my speech to her "I know you want to compete in Olympic powerlifting - hell I know you could win world's strongest woman - but I just can't support it. How about tennis?" I think I'm alright with that. And smoking - never quite had that on the "gotta check that out list" for my growing daughter.

Dr. Connuck also estimated that her likely need for a valve replacement (now looking at decades if things progress well) may by the time she needs it be done via catherization as opposed to open heart surgery. We were very fired up to hear that. We had anticipated this appointment to be our last with our man Dr. Connuck, as he's leaving Rochester, though we found out that he'll be on a rotation through Pennsylvania that will bring him close to Ithaca. We are quite pleased to keep our connections with him.

Things are really great and Evening continues to inspire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to your trip out West! As fast as time flies, it will be here before we know it! I am SOOO happy to hear Evie received a good report on her last check!!! God bless you all, as you truly all are unbelievable!

Love,
Kim