Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Week of the Mighty Warrior Woman



Every once in awhile you meet someone that you know you could go to battle with. They have 'it'. You know they can hold their own and also inspire a strength in you that you know you have, but don't always know how to exert. Its not what they say - just the opposite - its what they don't say, what they do. Kellyn has it - you can see it in her eyes, feel it in her presence. She is a warrior.

As we prepare this week for one of the great battles of our young family's life - I take comfort in knowing what I know of Kellyn, the mighty warrior woman. She is strong and brings out the best in me. We may carry her a bit, though I'm confident she'll carry us much more.

I'd like to think she gets a lot of that from me, though the reality is I think she gets it from the girl who sleeps in the bedroom next door.

No comments: