Friday, March 11, 2011

Ironheart Racing Team



With just about a week to go until the NYC Half I am overwhelmed with the outstanding support that leaves me just $200 short of my goal of $3,500 which combined with donations from last year - will result in two heart surgeries for children overseas - one surgery for each of my daughters born with a similar condition.

I am going into the race as a new member of the Ironheart Racing Team. The team consists of "everyday athletes on a mission. It's quite simple: Compete endurance races across the globe while raising awareness for healthy heart living and congenital heart disease." I stumbled across this group of tremendous athletes and knew I had to be involved. I'm honored to be a member of the Team - and consider the NYC Half just the first of many future efforts. I join even despite that fact that founder Dave Watkins is a UW Husky supporter - arch rival to my Oregon Ducks. I encourage you to check out the amazing efforts of Ironheart Racing Team members.

Training update: It has been a brutal late winter in Ithaca - which has sent me through a training regimen similar to that in Rocky IV. Had a whopping 2ft. of snow this Monday - real easy to run through that. Few weeks prior I ran 11 miles in a wind advisory and sprain my knee on some ice. Little gimpy, but confident after Ithaca's best PT, and my buddy, Rob Kaplan gave me some pre and post run strategies.

I'm continuing to ask my friends and family to support me (and my girls Kellyn, Evie and Ruth) in my final push of the fundraising effort to sponsor surgeries through the International Children's Heart Foundation. I've established a secure website through active.com to coordinate this effort - http://www.active.com/donate/doyle_run_4_hearts - you may make a donation anonymously or contact me directly should you prefer an offline contribution. Help us do this in honor of my girls (The Mighty Warrior Women) and TWO families overseas anxious for a chance.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle Rocky!!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere deep down inside we are all Huskies Scott, I am glad to see this pursuit is opening your eyes to that reality in addition to doing such a wonderful thing.

Parker